Sunday 30 March 2014

RACE BY BETHANY WALKERS **

I wasn't overly entertained with RACE by BETHANY WALKERS. I found the plot was structured well and on an academic level there was a variety of language features, sentence structures and nice short chapters that didn't waffle on for sixty pages, which was completely fantastic.
However, on a creative level I wasn't really thrilled with this. The characters didn't seem believable to me, they seemed to be younger, naïve, like they hadn't seen the world and they were still living in the bubble of protection. I don't know, maybe its a matter of perspective. Everyone's seen different things in life and done different things, and on phycology level this fascinates me, but I'm not really sure of the characters backgrounds, why they do the things they do, why the go to places they go, why they say the things they say. It didn't really match up to them. They didn't seem to be the people they were. It was as though overall they aren't understood as they were created as other people.
I didn't feel any emotion either. I just read, like I was simply existing in my world and they were in their own.
Maybe its me, not them. Who knows? But I do know that RACE confused the hell out of me. (Which lets be honest, isn't hard.)
I GOT THIS BOOK IN EXCHANGED FOR AN HONEST REVIEW.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment